Blockdating com hornymatch dating
In 1899, the hall was acquired by Henry Donne who renovated the dilapidated house before selling it to the Merry family, a local paint and varnish manufacturer, who were the last family to occupy the hall.The hall became a museum in 1935 after centuries of use as a private home and its parlour was renovated.
After research in the 1970s, the Hall was restored to an authentic period appearance and refurbished using furnishings drawn from the 1684 inventory of the contents.
It was last renovated in 2002 with the extension of a visitor centre and car park.
His family farmed at the hall and had other buildings in the surrounding area which were lost over time.
After 1685, the building passed into the hands of the Greswolde family and for the next 200 years became a tenant farm.
Some structural work was also carried out in the hall and modern intrusive features such as the toilet block and the boiler room were removed, the former being relocated into the new visitor centre.
This allowed the second smaller parlour to be placed on the ground floor next to the Great Parlour.