Dating port ru
The first head of the port was Prichert Mikhail Fyodorovich, who was sent on a business trip from the Severodvinsk port.
The city foundation at the Pregel watermouth, its development and prosperity has always been considered to be connected with commerce and trade routes with its junction in the port in all times.
Transferred to the civil authorities subject to act, signed by Vasilevskiy - marshal of the Soviet Union, the port was appeared among the first civil enterprises to conduct the establishment in war-ravaged Koenigsberg.
Harbours and maritime canal at its whole 43-kilometers length was encumbered with sunken vessels and military property.
It is well remembered by the pioneer port workers from other Soviet ports who arrived with the aim of reconstruction.
The port was founded on the ground of resolution of State Defense Committee of the USSR dated June 20, 1945 and order of People's Commissariat of the Marine of the USSR dated July 2, 1945 under No. June 20, 1945 became the date of new Russian Baltic port foundation.
At that time the port as well as the whole city itself presented horrifying picture of destruction: storages, railways, communication lines and cranes – all these was buried in ruins.